Saturday, November 20, 2010

Flikr

Hi Everyone,
Welcome to week four of the term! These weeks have gone so fast!


In this blog entry I would like to comment on how 'image resizing' is essential within a classroom context. I believe that all modes of educational ICT's such as PowerPoints, websites, blogs, wikis etc, to keep students engaged and interested, require some level of visual stimulus.


I know myself that if I do not have images or some type of visual cue whilst watching a PowerPoint etc, I become quite unengaged and unfortunately miss parts of the information. I am a strong visual learner, like many, and to attain the engagement of this style of learning, often images, tables, pictures and graphs are essential.


However, sometimes these images that the LM require to use are in a format or size which is impossible to use on something like a PowerPoint etc, therefore, a program such as Flikr is essential. I am happy that I have made myself familiar with Flikr, to ensure that I am keeping up to date with technology so that I can become a great learning manager for the future.


Kind regards,  
Bridie






References: Picture courtesy of: mypcisrunningslow.org
Courtesy of Flikr (discussing Flikr)
PowerPoint belongs to Windows (discussing PowerPoint).

No comments:

Post a Comment